The last thing you want is to spend $100+ on a fitness tracker like a Fitbit (or an expensive Apple Watch!) and then find out you are gaining weight. It can be difficult to figure out whether these activity trackers are for you or not. Get the most out of your fitness tracker by learning how to use it to achieve your weight loss goals.
Here are some tips if you’re having trouble with your fitness tracker:
Your fitness tracker and you can still turn things around if things get off to a rough start. A few adjustments can help you overcome some of the most common problems.
- Do your research. When it comes to selecting a fitness accessory, you have a lot of options. There’s no harm in choosing an inconspicuous bracelet or clip on. Take into account the features you’ll use. Try out a free fitness app first, so you’ll know whether a simple tracker or an elaborate one is right for you.
- Don’t place too much emphasis on calories. You need to know that your calorie needs are highly dependent on factors such as muscle mass and body size. Focus instead on your overall well being rather than counting calories.
- Pay attention to your body. Pay attention to what your body is trying to tell you. An aching elbow may mean it’s time for a rest day instead of playing tennis or something. Sometimes you’ll feel tight in the hamstrings, and other days you’ll be able to stretch them without any problem.
- Make connections with others. While technology is exciting, social support is just as important. Consult your gym trainer to find out how to vary your workout. Bring a friend along for a workout if you can.
- Pace yourself. Losing weight and improving fitness are gradual processes. Keep your motivation high by setting short-term goals.
- Monitor your diet for plateaus. You’ll reach a point in your diet where losing weight becomes more difficult. Give yourself a break if you feel fit until your body adapts to the changes you’re making.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Our bodies produce more insulin and store fat when we consume sugar than when we consume other kinds of calories. That goes for simple carbohydrates, such as white rice or white bread. Increase your lean protein, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats intake.
- Consult the manufacturer. Is it possible that your fitness tracker has been recalled? Several fitness trackers may irritate your skin or damage your clothing.
On the flip side, if you love your fitness tracker, here are some additional tips:
Your results may already be impressive. The best way to make the most of your investment is to follow a few simple suggestions.
- Be mindful. One of the greatest advantages of using a fitness tracker is increased self-awareness. You may be surprised to find out how little you exercise each week or how much you eat.
- Be motivated to succeed. By monitoring your progress, you might be more likely to resist temptations and remain consistent. It is the satisfaction of reaching your goals that will drive you to attend yoga (or anything else) even when you don’t feel like it.
- Adapt your lifestyle. Frequent reminders help you form more positive habits. Fitness trackers can even provide information about things such as your sleep quality.
- Talk to your doctor. The fitness trackers of today can do so much more than the old-fashioned pedometers that just measured movement. Monitoring your heart rate, blood pressure, and cholesterol may help you manage various medical conditions better.
A fitness tracker is a great tool for achieving your health goals. You can stay motivated and stay in shape when you monitor your results.